Tuesday, July 22, 2008

M*A*S*H*

Fernando & I had a great weekend in Grantsburg. We drank, we ate, we danced. I think I'm falling in love with him all over again!

On Saturday night, we saw Brat Pack Radio. It's an 80's band - they did an awesome show. A little Duran Duran, a little Patti Smyth, a little Run DMC - there wasn't a single song I didn't know by heart. The best part was their final set. They did about 20 minutes of TV show them songs from my youth. I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Lauren stayed with the girls and the dog while we were gone. She took them to see Mamma Mia. Brave girl. But, she said they all loved it, so I guess it was money well-spent. Better her than me. It would never occur to me in a million years to take a 2-year-old to the movies, much less Mamma Mia.

Both of the girls are sick. Genevieve has a runny nose and a temp. Lydia called me this morning to report that her throat hurts. I may move in to a motel for the week. I absolutely can NOT afford to get sick right now. Hopefully this will be a simple virus that leaves as abruptly as it came. (I know - I'm laughing too.) In the meantime, Shell is at home running an infirmary ward. Lucky bastard!

I'm riding the fence about staying home or going up north this weekend. As of today, I'm just about to fall flat on my ass onto the 'stay home for one damn weekend' side. But that could change. But I'm thinking it would be nice to get to Como Zoo or the beach - something simple.

I got nothing else. I'm not pregnant, thank you very much, and my mood, after a weekend of doing whatever I damn-well pleased and the arrival of the menses, is on the upswing. Go figure.

No comments: