Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I FOUND THE CAMERA!

So then why didn't I upload a picture? Look, I'm going to be completely honest here. Posting from work is quick. It's easy. It's convenient. Posting at home is hard. It takes a long time. I'm not bright enough to figure out if we can afford high-speed at home. I could go on and on - you see where this is going. But I promise you this: I will post a picture within the next month. Okay, within the next week. No let's be realistic, I'm busy. Within the next month.

Lydia is 2 weeks in to her preparation classes for her First Reconciliation. I'm so in love with the nun that runs the Faith Formation program. Who wouldn't be? With her sensible shoes and flippy little haircut. She's adorable! Anyway, last night we were trying to memorize the Act of Contrition. Apparently there are a few different ones - because that isn't the one we were working on. But it was difficult nonetheless. I didn't ever memorize and act of contrition. Need to know the words to the Hail Mary? I'm your gal. Our Father? "Me! Me! Pick me!" The act of contrition, however, seems to be falling out of my head as quickly as I try to cram the words in there. Lydia too.

Jenna has been sick with a cold/cough/runny nose/ear infection. I think she has turned a corner though. She's about 4 days into a 10-day course of amoxicillin and feeling better. And by the way, enough with the amoxicillin. If there is a more useless, ineffective antibiotic out there, I'd like to see it. Would I be a bad mother if I waltzed into the pediatrician's office and demanded an IM dose of Rocephin at the first sign of trouble? Seriously - just shoot 'em in the ass with the good stuff and let's ALL get on with our lives! I know, I'm horrible and selfish. Here, give me the syringe and I'll administer another 6 mL's of sweet pink bacteria-killing nectar!

My sweater has a funny smell today. That's about it.

No comments: