Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Attention Little Reyes Sister gawkers: this gratuitously cute picture is for you.




Lydia received a medal for her participation in her school's reading program yesterday and I got to go the ceremony. That makes me happy. I'm a firm believer in being involved in our children's lives - all part of my plan to raise decent human beings and avoid costly drug rehab down the road. She's an excellent reader, and amazes me when she reads words that I know she's never seen before. What is that? No one is happier than I am that she can read a bit more independently - I've read just about all of the Mary Kate & Ashley mysteries that I care to in one lifetime.

Jenna, in just the last day or two, has gone from her happy, one-word utterances (puppy, ah-gees , galockalette ), to these very long-winded diatribes, complete with hand motions and furrowed brow. I wish to God I knew what she was saying.

I really must go, for I have the Idol elimination to skim through. And prayers to say for Richie Sambora. Seriously, Richie? Wow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't remember getting the call about a missing tooth.
Huh.
You should be very proud of your little pals.
You and F are good parents :P

Robin said...

It is all quite amazing! Then they learn to drive and viola' they are off driving the streets of Duluth!