Monday, March 17, 2008

Dude, Where's My Grandma?


I've only been at this for a few days, and OY! the guilt about not updating already. Wait til my sister gets wind of this thing. She thought she was adept at pestering me for pictures before...


I'm home today, recuperating from some road repair work done by the world's greatest OB-Gyn on Friday (nuff said.) My mom was kind enough to come down for a day or two to help out with things, and last night pronounced me "Not ready to go back to work yet." So, I thought, I'll take this extra day, deal with the minor, yet very inconvenient complications of my recent prah - seeeeed - yah, and then march back into the office tomorrow, absent note from my mom clutched tightly in my fist, ready to give it all I've got. What's that? I'm 38 years old, why do you ask?


My mom was also kind enough to take LRS #1 (Little Reyes Sister #1) back home with her, leaving peace, quiet, and LRS #2 wandering around hollering "Dude!" as she peeks in every nook & cranny of the house trying to locate grandma. You see, a few months ago, grandma entertained LRS #2 by saying "DOOOODE" in the funniest voice she could muster. This left an impression on LRS #2, whose brain & speech development soaked up this exercise like the little sponge that she is. And now as a result, LRS #2 is using "grandma" or rather "bramma" & "dooode" interchangably.


So I'm off now to continue convalescing. Let me know what you think of the place.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

SWEET!

I, as Auntie Pauly of these gorgeous children, am stoked that YOU have a blog!

You have made my day :P

mamareyes said...

Well, we aim to please here @ casa reyes. Thanks for checking in!