Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Getting Closer

When I got home from work yesterday, Shell reported that Jenna had woken up from her afternoon nap, quietly crept into our room, removed her diaper which was full of stool, and deposited the whole mess onto our bedroom floor.

"Who went poop in my room?" I asked her cheerfully when I heard the story.

.......blank stare.......

"Who was naughty after their nap?

........looks around the room, avoiding eye contact with me.......

"Genevieve, what did you do with your diaper in mama's room today?"

"Does TJ love me, mama?" she asks. This is a practiced tactic for her. Any time there is a hint of trouble, she learned at an early age to change the subject to divert attention from whatever heinous act she has been caught in.

"Yes, Genevieve. TJ loves you."

And so do I. I should warn you though, that stealthily depositing your soiled diapers in my bedroom will most likely be mentioned during the toast I give at your wedding reception.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll be making that comment as well.
That is far too cute. From MY point of view ;)